Fri, 07 Oct|
PAINTING WITH ACRYLIC
5 session online acrylic painting course looking at how to use acrylic paints successfully.
Time & Location
07 Oct 2022, 08:00 BST – 12 Dec 2022, 08:00 GMT
About the Event
In this online acrylic painting course, you will learn all about the materials and mediums used for acrylic work at the same time as absorbing relevant techniques and approaches to achieve quick and effective paintings. You will be guided through different surfaces, the process of working dark to light and using layers to achieve rich colours and textures in a picture. There will also be a student forum where you can post images and chat with your fellow participants. This is an interactive course that involves submitting your work for appraisal after each session period.
Session periods last two weeks. You will receive your coursework by email at 8am GMT at the start of each period and this will consist of full instructions as well as:
• A printable PDF worksheet with information and theory about the topic covered as well as an overview of my demonstration in pictorial form.
• Downloadable reference photographs.
• Link to watch, pause and replay the demonstration.
• Instructions for a self project session to keep you focussed.
• Written appraisal after submitting your self project.
During each session you can watch my video demonstration painting as many times as you like and pick up helpful tips and techniques along the way. Demonstration videos are replaced after each session, so don’t leave it too late. You will be supplied with a downloadable reference photograph for you to try out the painting for yourself. You then move onto your own self project where a similar scene or reference is supplied for you to try your own approach. If you wish, you can submit your painting via email for appraisal. This is a great way of learning that fits in with your own routine and commitments and there is no requirement to attend live sessions.
Its a great way of learning that fits in with your own routine and commitments wherever you are in the world.
- Brushes - Synthetic types plus some Hog or stiff synthetic acrylic brushes. I use flat brushes about 18mm wide and smaller.
- Water pots plus an old jam jar
- Matt medium
- Flow improver medium
- Watercolour paper - cellulose and cotton papers
- Acrylic paper, such as Winsor Newton Galeria
- A small canvas board (about 10x8in)
- Acrylic paints (I use Winsor Newton Artists Acrylic): Cerulean blue, cobalt blue, ultramarine, ivory black, alizarin crimson, cadmium red, cadmium orange, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow light, titanium white, permanent sap green, phthalo green.
- Other items: paper towel, pipette, cleaning sponge, spray bottle.
1 Materials & management, Exploring acrylic
2 Working dark to light
PAINTING WITH ACRYLIC
5 Session Online Course