Sat, 11 Sept|
Upperthong Village Hall
MAKE YOUR COLOURS APPEALING 2021
Learn how to use colour effectively for greater impact in your work.
Time & Location
11 Sept 2021, 10:00 – 16:00
Upperthong Village Hall, Upperthong, Holmfirth HD9 3RB, UK
About the Event
Paintings can have much more impact through the sympathetic consideration of colour use. In this day course I will demonstrate how to use colour to maximum effect through contrasts of cool and warm, and subtle greys with bright colour. I will share with you tried and tested methods for creating beautiful grey hues that glow and support more vibrant colourful passages elsewhere. Learn how to interpret these methods in any painting to give your work more vitality.
Please bring a packed lunch and reference material to work from (usually a few photographs), pencil grade 6B, putty rubber, watercolour paints, watercolour paper, brushes, waterpot, palette, kitchen roll, masking tape, Water spray. Complimentary tea and coffee is available throughout the day.
By making a booking you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your payment secures your place on the course. If you cancel or change your booking, all refunds and exchanges to other courses will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge. Bookings that are cancelled and exchange requests made within one month from the course date cannot be refunded or facilitated unless a replacement for your vacancy is found.
2. Only when your payment has been made can I fully guarantee your booking. Bookings made without payment will only be held for 7 days, after which I reserve the right to offer your reservation to other applicants.
3. Booking fees cover tuition only and do not include any art materials, meals or overnight accommodation unless otherwise stated. Details of the courses including suggested materials & equipment are clearly written on the website booking details.
4. All participants of the courses take part at their own discretion and are individually and wholly responsible for their own property and actions, either on or off the course premises, for the duration of each session.
5. Parking of participants vehicles is done so entirely at the owner's risk.
6. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled, moved, or re-arranged you will be offered a full refund of your payment or an alternative course. The organiser will not be held responsible for any extra costs arising out of the cancellation of a course.
7. All led paintings and material supplied for class paintings are intended for learning only and for purposes of copyright, must not be sold or passed off as your own work.
MAKE YOUR COLOURS APPEALING