Sat, 06 Nov|
Coley Sunday School
CONTROLLING WATERCOLOUR PAINT
Improve your techniques and ability to control watercolour paint.
Time & Location
06 Nov 2021, 10:00 – 16:00
Coley Sunday School, Coley Rd, Halifax HX3, 7SA UK
About the Event
With 25 years of teaching experience, I can honestly say this is the number one issue that holds most watercolour painters back. In this workshop I will share with you the fundamental methods of controlling your paint from when to use fluid washes, when and how to reduce the fluid content in your brush, how to master wet into wet as well as when, where and how to employ drag techniques. As a bonus, I will also share my experience of watercolour brushes - what works and what doesn’t. You will be guided through some important watercolour exercises to learn your strengths and weaknesses, after which I will illustrate paint control in context of a demonstration painting.
Please bring a packed lunch and reference material to work from (usually a few photographs - any subject), pencils grade B and 6B, putty rubber, watercolour paints, watercolour paper (including spare or scrap pieces for exercise work), brushes, waterpot, palette, kitchen roll, masking tape, Water spray. Complimentary tea and coffee is available throughout the day.
By making a booking you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your payment secures your place on the course. If you cancel or change your booking, all refunds and exchanges to other courses will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge. Bookings that are cancelled and exchange requests made within one month from the course date cannot be refunded or facilitated unless a replacement for your vacancy is found.
2. Only when your payment has been made can I fully guarantee your booking. Bookings made without payment will only be held for 7 days, after which I reserve the right to offer your reservation to other applicants.
3. Booking fees cover tuition only and do not include any art materials, meals or overnight accommodation unless otherwise stated. Details of the courses including suggested materials & equipment are clearly written on the website booking details.
4. All participants of the courses take part at their own discretion and are individually and wholly responsible for their own property and actions, either on or off the course premises, for the duration of each session.
5. Parking of participants vehicles is done so entirely at the owner's risk.
6. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled, moved, or re-arranged you will be offered a full refund of your payment or an alternative course. The organiser will not be held responsible for any extra costs arising out of the cancellation of a course.
7. All led paintings and material supplied for class paintings are intended for learning only and for purposes of copyright, must not be sold or passed off as your own work.
CONTROLLING WATERCOLOUR PAINT£48.00Sold Out
This event is sold out