5 SESSION ONLINE COURSE
Time & Location
About the Event
An online course working in oil paint using the Alla Prima method, or ‘at the first attempt’. This is the method of laying wet paint over wet paint in a single session. Learn how to control oil, where to begin, what to use, understand the painting process and find out about general pitfalls to avoid. The course will give you the confidence you need to paint freely and tidily in oil paint. You’ll gain knowledge about the materials such as surfaces to work on, types of brushes to use, workspace management and much more.
- Learn at your own pace.
- Watch, pause or replay the demonstration in each session period.
- Printable worksheets supplied.
- Downloadable reference photographs.
- Homework sessions to keep you focussed.
- Group appraisals to help you learn from your own and other people’s paintings.
- Exclusive Group forum to chat, meet and share your ideas or work with your fellow participants.
Each session is emailed to you at 8am (GMT) every fortnight and you have nine days to complete the work, during which you can watch my demonstration painting and pick up helpful tips and techniques along the way. Your email will be supplied with downloadable reference photographs and instructions for you to work on the paintings for yourself. There's also a self project to push towards your own approach. If you wish, you can submit this painting via email for inclusion in your group’s appraisal. This is a great way of learning that fit’s in with your own routine and commitments.
The course is aimed at anyone wishing to get started in oil painting or for those wanting to improve their techniques. You are free to use any materials you may already have, but for those starting out, you will need an easel, a few brushes (hogs or synthetic hog hair), oil paints including titanium white, odourless solvent such as sansodor or odourless turpentine such as zest it, some baby oil, rags or kitchen paper, and some gessoed panels or canvas plus an old shirt or apron to protect you from spills. I'd recommend keeping paintings small to begin with, no bigger than 8 x 6in. You will find a video of the materials required for oil painting on my online tutorials page.
By making a booking you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your payment secures your place on the course. If you cancel or change your booking, all refunds and exchanges to other courses will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge. Bookings that are cancelled and exchange requests made within one month from the course date cannot be refunded or facilitated unless a replacement for your vacancy is found.
2. Only when your payment has been made can I fully guarantee your booking. Bookings made without payment will only be held for 7 days, after which I reserve the right to offer your reservation to other applicants.
3. Booking fees cover tuition only and do not include any art materials, meals or overnight accommodation unless otherwise stated. Details of the courses including suggested materials & equipment are clearly written on the website booking details.
4. All participants of the courses take part at their own discretion and are individually and wholly responsible for their own property and actions, either on or off the course premises, for the duration of each session.
5. Parking of participants vehicles is done so entirely at the owner's risk.
6. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled, moved, or re-arranged you will be offered a full refund of your payment or an alternative course. The organiser will not be held responsible for any extra costs arising out of the cancellation of a course.
7. All led paintings and material supplied for class paintings are intended for learning only and for purposes of copyright, must not be sold or passed off as your own work.
1 Intro to materials, surfaces and cleaning.
2 Principles of Dark to Light
- Sold Out5 SESSIONS ONLINE COURSE£85£850£0