2 Day Course in Swaledale, May 2022
Time & Location
About the Event
A two day course, painting in and around the beautiful Swaledale village of Muker at the Northern edge of the Yorkshire Dales. You will learn techniques for seeking out painting subjects as well as recording and composing material on site. We will work with sketches and photography to gather the information you require for making finished paintings back at our base. We will have use of Muker Village Hall for the weekend, allowing you to come and go between subject and studio. This is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in amazing painting scenery with plenty of help, advice and demonstrations throughout.
Price includes tuition, studio/hall use and tea/coffee daily. Accommodation and meals are not included.
Please bring your usual watercolour painting materials such as watercolour paints, watercolour paper, lightweight board, brushes, water pot, palette, kitchen roll, masking tape, pencil grade 6B, putty rubber, water spray.
Some extra considerations: Bulldog clips, elastic bands or masking tape (Think about holding pages down in a breeze), Retractable craft knife for sharpening, Cartridge pad or paper (for sketching if desired), iPad or tablet for taking photos and working from, Sensible shoes suitable for outdoors (it may be a bit muddy!), Fold up lightweight seat or similar, Easel (or you can always prop your board on your knee).
Muker is a small but beautiful example of a Swaledale village, running alongside the river. There is limited parking by the hall. Please unload your car and re-park in the National Parks car park nearby (£4.50 p/d). You can leave items in the hall on Saturday night at your own discretion. Whilst the hall will be locked I cannot accept responsibility for the loss of any possessions. You should bring with you a packed lunch on each day or alternatively there is a tea room, pub and shop in Muker.
There will be a range of art materials and paper available to purchase throughout the weekend. Complementary tea & coffee provided (depending on covid restrictions)
Swaledale is extremely popular. If you struggle to find accommodation in the valley, the towns of Hawes, Bainbridge, Reeth and Kirkby Stephen are not too far away.
Reeth Tourist Information: Phone 01748 884059, Email; email@example.com
Pry House Farm BB 01748 886845, firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Dairy Cottage BB 01748 886057 email@example.com
Cambridge House BB 01748 884633 firstname.lastname@example.org
Butt House, guest house 01748 886374 email@example.com
Keld Lodge BB 01748 886259 firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenlands BB 01748 886532 email@example.com
By making a booking you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your payment secures your place on the course. If you cancel or change your booking, all refunds and exchanges to other courses will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge. Bookings that are cancelled and exchange requests made within one month from the course date cannot be refunded or facilitated unless a replacement for your vacancy is found.
2. Only when your payment has been made can I fully guarantee your booking. Bookings made without payment will only be held for 7 days, after which I reserve the right to offer your reservation to other applicants.
3. Booking fees cover tuition only and do not include any art materials, meals or overnight accommodation unless otherwise stated. Details of the courses including suggested materials & equipment are clearly written on the website booking details.
4. All participants of the courses take part at their own discretion and are individually and wholly responsible for their own property and actions, either on or off the course premises, for the duration of each session.
5. Parking of participants vehicles is done so entirely at the owner's risk.
6. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled, moved, or re-arranged you will be offered a full refund of your payment or an alternative course. The organiser will not be held responsible for any extra costs arising out of the cancellation of a course.
7. All led paintings and material supplied for class paintings are intended for learning only and for purposes of copyright, must not be sold or passed off as your own work.
- Sold Out2 Day Course in Muker£140£1400£0